Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Confessional

It's Friday! Yay! Friday. Friday. Friday. Friday. Friday. Friday. Friday.
I'm leaving work in 45 minutes and going home to immediately jump into my one piece "bear bottom" red pajamas, my fuzzy blue and white striped socks and putting my untamable crazy hair up. I am going to make comfort food for dinner (pasta) watch the only show in my PVR that I am embarrassed to admit I enjoy (Sweet Home Alabama on CMT) and snuggle in with my book (I just started Before I go to sleep by S.J. Watson and am already hooked).
I have had a shite week. Mostly because I feel like poop. And not in a 'sick' way... a grumpy miserable way. Actually, I don't think the purpose of a confessional is to lie, so... It hasn't been just this week, I've actually been gradually becoming more and more grumpy over the past two weeks. R has been working stupid hours, which does NOT mean "when the cats away, the mice will play" it means the mouse is exhausted and has no time to play. Also mouse misses Cat a lot. A LOT. Mouse is grumpy and wants a date night with Cat... but Cat works around the clock. Stupid Cat. Have I ever mentioned I'm a dog person??
So, people that know me well will already know this, when I feel like arse I.... *gulp* spend money. A lot of money. So much money that I start to be mad at myself. And then I spend money like it's a dirty secret and if I can type my Visa number into my computer quick enough, it'll be like it never happened. That is how it works, isn't it?? If no one saw you spend it, it didn't get spent??
This month so far, and I do realize that it is just a little over half over, I have purchased:

A shirt
A necklace
A jacket
Socks
An iPhone
An iPhone case
Baby gifts
A purse
Valentines cards and gifts
A vase
An elk (?) Antler
A cork board with decorative frame
A book
New nails polish, three different colors
Copious amounts of tea, from Davids Tea
 
And most likely some other stuff that I have managed to block for my memory... for now. 
No more spending this month! I am officially taking my credit card and paypal account away from myself.... well, not really but I need to get my act together before I become that shopaholic that used to spend all her money at Off The Wall (this was about ten years ago, when I worked there) that we hated because she was in a program that allowed her to buy everything still, but then made her return it all... gah. She was an asshole.  I don't wanna be an asshole too, so no more spending. None. NO MORE ETSY.
 
Tomorrow I will get my fix by spending my Mom's money... and while it doesn't get me anything at least I will have the satisfaction of burning hundred dollar bills.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment